Apoyo a los estudiantes extranjeros
International students are offered transfer services (1000 rubles from the airport, 400 rubles from the train station). Assistance is also provided for settling into the dormitory, registration with the migration service and arranging a health insurance policy.
In addition, the office for international student adaptation at KFU:
- Organises cultural, sports and informative events;
- Arranges trips to museums, and excursions around the university, Kazan and Tatarstan;
- Maintains contact with public organisations of international students and student government bodies;
- Provides information about Russia, Tatarstan, Kazan and KFU;
- Cooperates with associations of international students of other Kazan and Russian universities;
- Helps students find employment.
La vida cotidiana de los estudiantes extranjeros
KFU can accommodate all its students in dormitories. In 2010, the university acquired 20 residential buildings which were built for the 2013 Universiade. First year students from KFU may choose a room to their liking among 26 comfortable dormitories with all the necessary equipment. Gyms and reading rooms, creative studios, canteens, computer classrooms, internet and many other facilities are located on the campus. Supervisors and tutors working on the campus help students adapt more quickly to their new location. Various events are held each week.
Actividades deportivas y de ocio
Kazan is the sporting capital of Russia. Annually, a great number of major sporting events take place in the city. In 2013, the Summer Universiade was held in Kazan, in which KFU international students took part.