Most important events:
- the birthplace of Russian organic chemistry;
- the place of discovery of element Ruthenium;
- the birthplace of organophosphorus chemistry.
A.M. Butlerov Chemistry Institute was formed in 2003 on the basis of previously independent chemical departments of Kazan University: Chemical Faculty and A.M. Butlerov Scientific-Research Institute.
Today, the A.M. Butlerov Chemistry Institute includes 7 chairs and 8 research departments: chairs / departments of inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, medical chemistry, chemistry of high molecular and organoelement compounds, chair of chemical education, departments of stereochemistry, industrial chemistry and environmental chemistry.
A.M. Butlerov Chemistry Institute of KFU is one of the oldest and leading scientific-educational centers in Russia.
- well-known supervisors;
- student grants for research;
- unique equipment;
- participation in international conferences.
You can choose Chemistry Institute to receive the Bachelor degree. If you have bachelor degree, you can enter to magistracy to receive the Master degree. International double-diploma Program acts within the framework of Master Program «Chemoinformatics and Molecular Modeling». After education in two universities (the first year in Kazan Federal University, Russia and the second year in the University of Strasbourg, France) one can receive two diplomas.
Institute graduates are in demand:
- Bachelors of chemistry work as assayer, engineers, technologists in Russian and foreign companies, institutions and universities;
- Bachelors of teacher education work in the management bodies and institutions of the Ministry of Education (schools, technical schools, colleges, high schools);
- Specialists and Masters of chemistry work as a researchers in the laboratories of academic and industrial research institutes and also can work as teachers in higher education institutions.