Year of foundation: 1899
Total students: 20 000
Faculties: 9 / Departments: 115
Faculty: 1 935
|Professors291||Associate Professors894||Doctors of Science293||Candidates of Science934||International faculty members160|
Main educational programmes for prospective international students: 282
|Bachelor's programme88||Master's programme92||Specialist programme8||Training of highest qualification personnel94|
Additional educational programmes for prospective international students: 20
|Pre-university training programmes 6||Russian as a foreign language 10||Short term courses 3||Other programmes 1|
FEFU is the first and only classical university in the Russian Far East. A unique educational centre with a state-of-the-art campus and an innovative, research-driven teaching process. It is a central platform communication between Russian and international experts and improving cooperation with leading research, educational and innovative organisations of the Asia-Pacific Region. It is a global leader of the Asia-Pacific Region in the sphere of scientific and innovative developments.
Today, FEFU offers:
- 119 years of successful academic education and research.
- Russian and foreign lecturers, including professors of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- 240+ international partnerships and Partner projects and academic exchange programmes with almost 100 universities worldwide.
- Master's degree programmes taught in English.
- Double degree programmes with partner universities fr om the USA, Australia and 40 other countries.
- Scientific and venture funds for supporting promising innovative projects.
- A new state-of-the-art campus, the best in Russia.
- Comfortable dormitory accommodation and safe environment.
- A combination of education, research, sports and creative activities.
- Strategic partnership with potential employees of the university's graduates, including market leaders such as Rosneft, RusHydro, Rosatom, Microsoft, OSK, and Sollers-Far East.
Structurally, FEFU comprises 9 academic schools – Data Economy, Engineering, Law, Biomedicine, Humanities, Natural Sciences, Arts, Culture and Sports, Education, Economics and Management, and Regional and International Studies (Eastern Institute). The university has more than 200 educational programmes and its graduates are capable of implementing large-scale projects in various spheres. FEFU was established based on the models of research and business universities. The first model provides international exchange of knowledge and experts, while the second provides professional training for the competitive development of Russia's industries.
The innovative nature of the educational process, the wide choice of educational programmes, the regular updating and professional development of teaching staff, and the small innovative enterprises established at FEFU will ensure worthy positions in the international ratings. Far Eastern Federal University consistently improves its positions and has been ranked Top 3 in Medical Science by Round University Ranking (RUR) in Russian. International has moved up in the QS World University Rankings from the 601+ band to the 541-545 band.
FEFU Development Program is aimed at the entry of the university to the Top 300 QS Rankings by 2020. FEFU has entered Times Higher Education World University Ranking as Top 1001 and risen up in Webometrics Ranking, wh ere it takes the 1587th place now. The university is also ranked in the Top 100 Universities of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa of the QS University Rankings: BRICS and in the Top 100 QS University Rankings: Emerging Europe and Central Asia.