Year of foundation: 1900
Total students: 12 500
Faculties: 20 / Departments: 110
Faculty: 1 300
|Professors151||Associate Professors435||Doctors of Science195||Candidates of Science513||International faculty members26|
Main educational programmes for prospective international students: 267
|Bachelor's programme31||Master's programme188||Specialist programme2||Training of highest qualification personnel46|
Additional educational programmes for prospective international students: 14
|Pre-university training programmes 1||Russian as a foreign language 1||Short term courses 12|
- Scientific articles published by the University faculty: 1800
- Research Centers: 33
- Innovative Clusters: 5
- Small Innovative Enterprises: 43
- Business incubators: 2
- International Research Centers: 43
ITMO University is a national research university and leading Russian institution in the field of IT and photon technology.
The university has served as a base for the creation of:
- 43 international scientific laboratories;
- 33 research laboratories;
- 5 innovative clusters;
- 43 innovative small businesses;
- 2 business incubators.
ITMO University specialises in the following subject areas:
- Design and urban science.
- Translational medicine.
- Computer technologies and management.
- Information technologies and programming.
- Infocommunicational technologies.
- Photonics and optoinformation science.
- Technological management and innovations.
- Refrigeration, cryogenic equipment and air conditioning.
- Nutritional biotechnologies and engineering.
- Laser and light engineering.
- International business and law.
- Scientific communication.
- Natural sciences.
ITMO University – IT's MOre than a UNIVERSITY!