Preparatory Department for International Applicants
Preparatory department for Bachelor's programmes
Pre-Admission Russian as a Foreign Language Department for International Students is affiliated to the School of Philology and Language Communication. Here students study Russian as a foreign language and can optionally take other subject courses (non-degree training for undergraduate programs) to enroll in SibFU and other universities of the Russian Federation. Courses are taught in the following academic areas: Humanities, Natural Sciences, Engineering, and Technology.
The Pre-Admission Department offers the following Russian-as-a-foreign-language courses:
- Russian Language Program (TRFL, Level I), 880 contact hours, 12 months (1.09 – 31.08);
- Russian Language Program (TRFL, Level I), 720 contact hours, 10 months (1.09 – 30.06);
- RFL Summer Course, 160 contact hours, 2 months (1.07 – 31.08) individual training program;
- individual training program.
The non-degree training courses in the PAD are intended to prepare internationals to take full-degree programs at SibFU and other universities of Russia.
Non-degree training courses for international students are aimed at providing them with basics in subjects which they will be taking in their full-degree programs at Russian universities in the future. This service is offered:
- on a fee-paid basis; OR;
- for free to students coming with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation referral, in which case the fees are covered by the Russian Federation budget.
After a course completion, students can take a standardized test for a certificate of Russian as a foreign language at the Siberian regional centre for training and testing of foreign citizens.
Preparatory department for Master's programmes
In Pre-Admission Russian as a Foreign Language Department for International Students of SibFU, students not only learn the Russian language, but can also be offered non-degree training before applying for Master's Programs.
Other types of training
Pre-Admission Russian as a Foreign Language Department for International Students of SibFU is flexible in their offers; it provides programs in Russian as a foreign language of different duration aimed at various types of learners, including doctoral students.