The faculty forms students’ competencies, which allow graduates to respond flexibly to changes in business, social development, technological structures and provide domestic entities a rightful place in the global market. Graduate school at the Faculty is designed to address mathematical and instrumental methods in Economics and implement innovative programs and management systems in the priority development areas. The faculty offers degrees in undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs. In addition, faculty carries out scientific and innovative work in the development of complex scientific projects in the direction of "meso-Economics", the forming of business models for innovative development of "meso-economic" systems in large corporations and territorial clusters (priority development areas — PDA). Work is done in cooperation with academic institutes of RAS (Russian Academy of Science) Central Economic and Mathematics Institute (CEMI RAS) and the Institute of Economic Forecast (IEF RAS).
The aims of the Faculty of Physics and Technology are:
- To bring together the brightest minds of young and old generations, to create new products, technologies and innovations in teamwork, and to implement them in prospective markets, in nuclear and other cutting-edge industries;
- To bring up world-class professionals with a good understanding of engineering science, design and manufacturing processes, economics and social context of engineering, skilled and experienced in solving design-related tasks, development, implementation and operation of high-tech devices and facilities, information measuring and operating systems;
- To disseminate the multicultural community of engineers with global thinking and high ethical standards, whose purpose is to construct together with their soulmates the world of the future.
LAPLAS Institute is the international scientific school for laser, plasma radiation and beam technologies where scientists from all over the world participate in the implementation of research agenda.
To its students and graduate students LAPLAS Institute offers the relevant educational programs, in which foreign and Russian scientists are involved.
As a student of LAPLAS Institute you will have
Project-oriented form of training;
Intellectual and technical capabilities of the Institute international laboratories and scientific and educational centers;
Participation in the international MegaScience projects;
An internship in leading national and foreign scientific and educational centers;
Regular thematic lectures of leading scientists on the most topical development in the field of theoretical physics, superstrong laser fields, high-temperature plasma, new functional materials, quantum metrology, radiation and beam technologies, etc.
The graduates of LAPLAS Institute become highly qualified specialists, they are in demand in science, industrial and commercial companies.
More information about LAPLAS Institute can be found on the Institute’s websites:
NESPI of MEPhI was created for development on its base the world class innovation research and education center in the field of the nanoelectronics, spintronics, photonics, microwave devices, sensors and generators of THz signals.
Global challenges for electronic industry today:
- The need for transmission and processing large amounts of data in real time;
- Energy efficiency of the component base;
- Increasing degree of integration in circuits and decreasing the active area of a transistor.
Utilizing advanced materials in high-speed compact electronic devices;
New architecture of electronic components;
New principles in electronics – magnetic properties of materials, quantum computers.
NESPI offers unique opportunities to become a professional in the filed of development and application of modern and advanced electronic component base. The graduates possess fundamental knowledge, experience modern research methods, obtain skills in fabrication and design of new complex devices at the junction of various fields of science and technology.
NESPI facilities are one of a kind, providing advanced methods of creating and studying nanostructures and non-silicon electronic components and circuits, from the basic material to the final device or a functional system.
The graduates gain the experience of practical work using advanced research and technological equipment, have a good grasp of modern science and engineering, which makes them very attractive on the global job market.
Working on real research projects, invention tasks and device construction as early as the junior and senior years for Bachelors and especially during the Master's program, provides the necessary qualifications to make a carrier in today's electronic industry.
More information - http://nespi.mephi.ru/index.php?lang=en.
The aim of Institute of Cyber Intelligence Systems (ICIS) is to become a scientific, educational and innovation leader in the areas concerned with artificial intelligence, applied mathematics, information technologies, cybernetics, information and financial security. This goal can be accomplished by carrying out cutting-edge research and its commercializing. Science and technology infrastructure of ICIS allows training qualified and competitive graduates that are in demand on the labor market and have all the necessary competencies for critical problems solving.
The main topics of research in ICIS are as follows:
banking and financial security
During studying at ICIS students acquire knowledge in machine intelligence, information and financial security, big data processing, mathematical modelling, decision-making systems based on digital data, development of Internet resources on the basis of modern technologies.
Detailed information is available at http://icis.mephi.ru/en.
PhysBio is aimed at research activities and training of highly skilled personnel toward the development of novel technologies of engineering physics for biomedicine, including nuclear and translational medicines, for Russian Research Centers, startups, and hospitals. PhysBio involves medical, biological, chemical, engineering and IT departments, to train highly qualified specialists in at the interface of these areas.
The mission of PhysBio:
- Development of modern biomedical technologies for early diagnostics and treatment of oncological and other socially important diseases and active involvement of students in the research process.
- Training, on the basis of scientific and engineering research activities, of highly skilled personnel, capable of maintaining modern biomedical equipment;
- Application of results of research activities to develop novel technologies for biomedicine, patenting and commercialization of research results, organizational support of new startups.
- Establishment of a Center of Translational Medicine on the basis of PhysBio.
Educational process in PhysBio is based on flexible educational panels, modular structure of educational programs, individual plans and practical orientation.
Specificity of the PhysBio educational programs:
PhysBio strategy implies synergy of several fields, including nanobioengineering, bionanophotonics and nuclear medicine, to advance toward the development of novel engineering physics technologies for biomedicine. Training of highly skilled personnel with expertise in these areas requires the establishment of unique educational programs, which should be flexible to adopt new scientific achievements into the educational process. Such flexibility is achieved via the modernization of current educational programs and the creation of new ones on a modular basis, as well as via the establishment of joint educational programs with the participation of leading foreign universities.
Features of PhysBio educational process:
- Active involvement of students into research activities
- Invitation of leading foreign professors for lecturing
- Student training in foreign partner universities
- Regular international summer and winter schools for young scientists
More information about PhysBio can be found on the website of the Institute ( https://eng.mephi.ru/research/strategic-academic-units/physbio).
Founded in 2006 the Institute of Financial and Economic (IFES) Security is a unique institute for training highly skilled specialists in the area of financial monitoring in partnership with the Federal Financial Monitoring Service and International Training and Educational Center for Financial Monitoring.
With its programmes covering the full cycle of the education process (basic higher education, graduate and post-graduate education, professional development) the IFES prepares professionals capable of promptly addressing money laundering, terrorist financing and financing of proliferation challenges, as well as mitigating emerging global threats to national financial security.
Since 2009, the Institute conducts personnel training for the structures of the member States of the Eurasian group on combating money laundering and financing of terrorism, in four areas:
- information technology security;
- financial management, accounting and auditing;
- economic security;
- legal support of economic security.
Graduates from the partner States of IFES become employees of financial intelligence units of their countries.
More information about the IFES You can find on the page of the Institute http://ифэб.рф/.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
In the INPhE, scientific works are carried out on a wide range of research: fundamental problems of the structure of matter, prospective materials design, development of new technologies for nuclear power engineering, and specialists are being prepared to solve global problems of modern nuclear physics and the nuclear industry.
Students are offered original educational programs reflecting the current state and trends in the development of science and technology, as well as the opportunity to participate in research in nuclear physics, elementary particles and cosmophysics, and in the development of nuclear technologies, new materials and nuclear power plants. INPhE actively cooperates with foreign universities and international networks of nuclear education.
The advantage of INPhE is its own unique scientific and technical base for research and participation in the work of international nuclear centers. This allowed to develop new technologies for training personnel of various competences and skill levels directly in the process of conducting scientific research.
The INPhE includes leading departments of the University, which have extensive experience in conducting research and preparing students and graduate students in the field of particle physics, cosmophysics, prospective materials design prospective materials design and nuclear technologies. Graduates of INPhE are in demand in Russian and international institutes and nuclear centers.
More information about INPhE you can find on the website of the Institute ( https://eng.mephi.ru/research/strategic-academic-units/inphe).
Today IIR MEPhI is:
- A permanent update of topical training courses in the curriculum, which take into account the rapidly changing situation in international relations in the area of scientific and technical cooperation, also driving attention to the emergence of new challenges;
- A wide possibility of building individual learning ways due to the opportunity of elective disciplines;
- Expansion the number of courses (over 50%) which are taught in English;
- Diversification of international internships of students and post graduates;
- Student participation in international forums, such as Atomexpo 2016, Young Professionals Nuclear Forum ;
- Implemented system of the distance learning master's degree program in profile: "International scientific and technological cooperation";
- Modernization of educational programs based on professional attractiveness.
Graduates of the Institute of international relations of MEPhI become analysts of international level in the area of cooperation in the sphere of high technologies. Analysis of the alumni club shows evidence of rapid career growth both in Russian and foreign organizations.
The information about the Institute you may on the http://iir.mephi.ru.