How can international students get a higher education at a Russian University
Every year the number of quotas for free education for foreign applicants at universities in Russia is growing rapidly. If in the 2019/2020 academic year up to 15,000 foreign students studied under the quota, in 2021/2022 up to 18,000 students from around the world will study at Russian universities, in 2022/2023 - 23,000 foreigners, and starting in 2023, the number of foreign citizens studying annually under the quota will grow to 30,000.
The task of increasing at least twice the number of foreign citizens studying at Russian universities was set by the President of the Russian Federation by Resolution No. 2150 of December 18, 2020. At the moment, the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation has received more than 7,000 applications for training, 2000 of which have already been agreed with universities.
For the convenience of applying for quota education, the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, together with relevant institutions, has launched online services. So, on the Rossotrudnichestvo portal — Education in Russia — you can apply for a quota to most universities, and on the official page of the Ministry https://russia-edu.minobrnauki.gov.ru you can track the status of your application in your personal account.
To enter a quota university in Russia, you need to:
- Register and fill out an application form at https://education-in-russia.com/ for training within the quota of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Wait for an invitation to a qualifying contest in your country;
- After the selection tasks, make sure that your name is in the list of candidates at https://education-in-russia.com/ recommended for the second stage of selection and access your personal account on the portal https://russia-edu.minobrnauki.gov.ru.
All applications are uploaded to a single information and analytical system https://russia-edu.minobrnauki.gov.ru and divided into 3 types:
- Candidate from the country (a foreign citizen was selected for training in Russia on the basis of the Rossotrudnichestvo representative office in his country);
- Candidate from an educational organization (a foreign citizen passed a competitive selection organized by one of the five government universities of the Russian Federation);
- Candidate-winner of international schoolchildren's Olympiads or master's Olympiads.
You have a real opportunity to take the first step towards your dream and start studying at one of Russia's leading universities.
For all admission issues within the quota of the Government of the Russian Federation, you can also call the hotline of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation: +7 (495) 122-22-68 (working days, 8:00-20:00).