The University maintains partnerships with many foreign universities and organizations. Among them:
- World Health Organization (WHO),
- International Education Federation,
- International Association of University Programs for Managing Population Health,
- World Organization of National Colleges, Academies and Academic Associations of General Practitioners,
- European Association of Managers of Information Technology in Health Care,
- World Organization of Medical Law,
- International Science and Technology Center,
- "Open Society" Institute,
- International movement “International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War”,
- German Academic Exchange Service,
- Universities of Austria, Bulgaria, Great Britain, Vietnam, Germany, Israel, Ireland, Spain, Italy, China, Korea, Namibia, Nigeria, Norway, Serbia, Slovenia, USA, France, Japan and the CIS countries.
The University implements double degree Master’s Programmes:
- Russia - Germany (Steinbeisinstitut of Biotechnology in Interdisciplinary Dentistry, Stuttgart)
- Russia - Ireland (Hibernia College, Dublin),
- Russia - China (Harbin Medical University).
I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University is a co-founder of the Russian-Chinese Association of Medical Universities (RCAMU).