Study medicine in Russia is popular with foreigners since Soviet times thanks to the high level of education, a wide variety of programmes and an opportunity to pass an internship at leading hospitals and clinics.
Another compelling argument for Russian education is financial: the Russian state medical university fee for international students and Russian citizens does not differ much, whereas in Europe the tuition fee is higher for the foreigners. High quality of the education in combination with a low cost makes it attractive. Finally, study in Russia is considered prestigious in the world. A specialist who has studied medicine in Moscow or any other major Russian city is in demand and can successfully find a job.
Universities Terms and Programmes
There are many educational programmes for international students who want to study Clinical Medicine in Russia. For making a correct choice you should know that:
- Bachelor’s Degree is provided for Nursing only, education duration is 4 years;
- Students in Stomatology, Pharmacy, Clinical Psychology get Specialist’s Degree, duration is 5-6 years;
- Medical Residency allows you to get narrow specialization like Gastroenterologists, Orthodontists, Paediatrics, duration is 2-4 years;
- Postgraduate Course takes 3 years, allows to deepen one’s knowledge in chosen speciality or to get a new specialisation in related field.
Study MBBS in Russia benefits:
- It cheaper than in Europe or USA;
- Universities are located throughout the country – you can study one that is close to the country of your residence;
- All medicine fields are available – from the general medicine to geriatrics, radiology etc;
- If you are fond of the scientific work and are planning to write the dissertation, you can choose from variety of postgraduate courses or continue working in your university.