Nanotechnology and any other similar fields of study (e.g., microsystem technology) in Russia are presented in several universities.
Nanotechnologies are used for:
- Elements nanoelectronics and nanophotonics elements manufacturing (semiconductor transistors and lasers, photodetectors; solar elements, sensors);
- Telecommunication, information and computing technologies & supercomputers development;
- Video equipment – flat screens, monitors, video projectors produsing;
- Creating fuel elements and energy storage devices;
- Micro and nanomechanics devices, including nanorobots;
- Aviation, space and defensive applications projecting;
- Biomechanics; genomics; bioinformatics, biotools research;
- Agriculture and foodstuff production safety systems creation.
Tuition fee starts from RUB 175,000 (USD 2 920), for citizens of the CIS countries – from RUB 145,000/USD 2400, this is cheaper that studying under similar programmes abroad.