Duration: June 7-20, 2021 - theoretical part & June 28 - July 9, 2021 - practical part
Outcome: ITMO official certificate, 4 ECTS
Deadline: 15 May 2021
Admission Requirements: Bachelor’s level students in respective fields (4th year and above) Master’s and PhD students
The camp is designed for students with the background in optics or those interested in broadening their knowledge in this field. So if you could be easily inspired just by thinking about how to reduce aberrations in optical systems or increase the resolution of imaging system, this program is exactly the thing for you!
Summer Camp Program
The camp incorporates a list of 13 topics in optical system design and includes both theoretical classes and hands-on experience of using special optical design software that can be applied for developing a wide range of optical instruments and devices.
List of possible research topics:
- Design of a two-mirror optical scheme of a telescope’s objective
- Design of a catadioptric scheme of a telescope’s objective
- Design of a telescopic system with lens inverting system
- Design of a telescopic system with prism inverting system
- Design of a microscope’s objective
- Design of a photo objective with fixed focal length
- Design of a system for laser beam collimation
- Design of a system for laser beam concentration
- Design of an objective for the LWIR region
- Design of a condenser lens
- Design of an eyepiece
- Design of a microscope’s illumination system in microscope
- Design of a lens endoscopic system
- May 27, 2020 - for citizens of the EU, Denmark, Norway, China, India, Japan, Iran, Latin American countries, Iceland and visa-free countries;
- April 14, 2020 - for citizens of all other countries.