Add to favorites
Specializations within this programme
Energy and Resource Conservation Processes in Chemical Technology, Petrochemistry and Biotechnology
- Each undergraduate performs work in the direction associated with the subsequent professional occupation.
- Participation in international programs: with the Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland, double degree), Radboud University in Nijmegen (Netherlands, training included), University of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (joint university of SCO countries, training included);
- Work in scientific groups with developed international contacts, full-time participation in foreign scientific conferences, participation in national and international scientific projects, the possibility of training at leading international laboratories.
Professional competencies of the graduates:
- Chemicals, materials and their impact on the environment.
- Methods and tools for pollution control of gas, solid and liquid components of production and the environment.
- Production and research of new types of catalysts for use in water and air purification processes and industrial chemical reactions.
- Equipment, technological processes and industrial systems for the production of substances and materials related to petrochemistry and biotechnology.
- Methods and means of protecting the environment from human impact.
- Waste disposal and recycling systems.
Areas of research:
- theory of catalytic and sorption processes; development of new types of nanostructured inorganic functional materials for industrial chemical reactions, purification of natural and industrial wastewater, extraction of valuable components;
- development of technologies for purification of natural and industrial wastewater, industrial waste gases, disposal of solid waste;
- environmental management and environmental auditing in the interests of sustainable economic development.