Add to favorites
Specializations within this programme
Sustainable agricultural productivity growth in the face of climate and environmental change; soil quality deterioration; antimicrobial resistance of plant pests - these are some of the major challenges facing global life scientists. The Master’s Program in Plant Biosecurity offers students the expertise to understand and ﬁnd solutions to these and other pertinent global biosecurity problems in a dynamic applied research setting.
LEARNING OUTCOMES AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- cutting-edge methods of plant protection;
- methods for chemical and biological control of phytopathogens, pests and weeds;
- the application of modern laboratory tools and information technologies to ensure plant safety.
- design and perform ﬁeld and laboratory biological /ecological studies;
- plan and conduct experiments independently, using the latest laboratory equipment and instruments;
- assess phytosanitary conditions and organize plant protection activities that minimize potential environmental risks;
- design projects aimed at the restoration of biological resources;
- participate in the teaching and design of university courses.
Potential career ﬁelds:
• study of wildlife and wildlife patterns;
• environmental (biological, bioengineering, biomedical) protection;
• monitoring, assessment and restoration of biological resources;
• biological ﬁeld research;
• processing and analysis of data using modern digital technologies Organizations and the enterprises for potential employment;
• world's leading producers of plant protection products, such as Bayer, BASF, Syngenta, Cheminova, etc.
• technical, research, and administrative positions in the ﬁelds of biosecurity, quarantine and pest management.
MAIN RESEARCH AREAS
• protection and provision: biosecurity;
• agribusiness: sustainability;
• biological control of phytopathogens.
Mathematical Biology and Bioinformatics:
This is a multidisciplinary ﬁeld that studies biological systems of different organization levels.
As opposed to purely mathematical ﬁelds, mathematical biology focuses on biological research data. Bioinformatics, in turn, offers proper methods and programming tools necessary for such analysis. Bioinformatics is a multidisciplinary science that combines computer sciences and statistics in studying biological data.
- Practice-oriented education in bioinformatics at one of the leading centers of ecological and agricultural biology.
- Participation in joint scientiﬁc projects with partner-universities in Western Europe and in the USA, with the possibility of international dissertation co-advising.