This educational program is new, competitive and promising, because in demand in the modern labor market.
In connection with the new realities, a curriculum was developed for the training of postgraduate students in the field of public health, who understand the nature of such a concept as "public health", the laws of its formation, the main factors affecting its state, modern concepts of its strengthening; able to systematically assess a complex multi-level chain of interrelated factors that determine the level of public health; develop complex ways to solve existing health problems or preserve it and implement them in modern socio-political conditions.
Possible places of employment:
- higher education institutions;
- bodies of state administration and healthcare management at the regional and federal levels;
- medical organizations of all forms of ownership;
- medical insurance organizations and the compulsory medical insurance fund;
- medical companies;
- public organizations and foundations;
- medical information and analytical centers;
- research institutes related to public health.
The purpose of the educational program is to acquire the level of competence necessary for the implementation of professional activities and preparation for the defense of a scientific qualification work (dissertation) for the degree of candidate of sciences.
The objectives of the educational program are to provide methodological support for the implementation of the Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Education in this area of training and, on this basis, to develop personal qualities in graduate students; to form general cultural and professional competencies in accordance with the requirements of the Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Education, in this area of training; to provide comprehensive training of highly qualified specialists with fundamental knowledge in the main disciplines of public health and healthcare - evidence-based medicine in the practice of a researcher; introduction to biostatistics, organization of medical and preventive care for the population, health economics who have practical skills in the use of information technology tools, quantitative and qualitative research methods; with skills in data analysis and interpretation, critical thinking, strategic management, etc.
Qualification - Researcher. Research instructor. The normative term of development is 3 years (full-time), 4 years (correspondence). The complexity of the educational program is 180 credit units.
The types of professional activities for which graduates who have mastered the postgraduate program are preparing:
• research activities in the field of public health protection, aimed at ensuring the sanitary and epidemiological well-being of the population, maintaining and improving their health, including overseeing consumer protection;
• teaching activities in educational programs of higher education.
The area of professional activity of graduates who have mastered the postgraduate program includes the protection of the health of citizens in terms of ensuring measures of a sanitary and epidemiological (preventive) nature aimed at the sanitary and epidemiological well-being of the population, including the implementation of supervision in the field of consumer protection, performing the functions of a health care organizer, scientific worker, teacher.
The objects of professional activity of graduates who have mastered the postgraduate program are:
• human habitat;
• legal entities, individual entrepreneurs;
• a set of tools and technologies aimed at ensuring the sanitary and epidemiological well-being of the population, maintaining and improving their health, including the implementation of supervision in the field of consumer protection;• healthcare institutions.