Prepare your Document Package
How to submit your documents:
- Initial Application indicating the desired area of study and your level of education;
- Official submission of documents to the university after your arrival in Russia.
- Copy of a document detailing your education (diploma, transcript), listing subjects studied and grades achieved (with translation into Russian)
- Copy of identification
- Completed form
(The form is issued by a university or a Rossotrudnichestvo office)
All documents must be translated into Russian and duly certified (notarised or certified at a consular department of an embassy)
You can obtain the complete list of documents and the procedure for certification in universities.
Official Submission of Documents at the University
- Application for admission, indicating chosen subject and form of study
- Document confirming your identity and citizenship (original and notarised translation into Russian).
- An education certificate
indicating subjects studied subjects and grades (original and notarised translation into Russian).
- Statement on standard medical form
indicating no contraindications for studying in Russia, with note on results of HIV test (or medical certificate).
in specified form.
At the first stage it is usually sufficient to provide certified and translated copies of an identification card and education certificates. At the second stage (after your arrival in Russia), you need to bring the originals of the documents and additional certificates to the selection committee of the university.
Get more information about the documents required at each stage by contacting:
- International offices of universities (if you are enrolling independently);
- Rossotrudnichestvo offices or a Russian embassy in your country (if you are participating in competitive selection for a government scholarship).
In most cases, documents require certification in the applicant’s home country. Applicants from some countries will also have to go through a procedure of recognition of their diplomas or certificates in Russia. For more details, see the "Certification section".
You can obtain a medical certificate in your home country. The most important thing is that it must be valid in Russia (translated and certified) and meet the requirements of your university. In a number of cases, certificates provided during application for a student visa are suitable. The certificate may be also obtained upon arrival in the Russian Federation (Form 086). Check the details from international offices of universities. More details in the Healthcare section.
Sign up for our website and send an application directly to the university, it's free. Please send all questions about your study in Russia to the universities. You can find curator’s contacts in the description of each educational programme, contacts of the international department’s representatives are listed on the page of each university – you can write them, and they will give you an advice.