Year of foundation: 1899
Total students: 20 852
Faculties: 9 / Departments: 115
Faculty: 1 935
|Professors291||Associate Professors894||Doctors of Science219||Candidates of Science916||International faculty members181|
Main educational programmes for prospective international students: 979
|Bachelor's programme536||Master's programme233||Specialist programme116||Training of highest qualification personnel94|
Additional educational programmes for prospective international students: 18
|Pre-university training programmes 6||Russian as a foreign language 11||Short term courses 1|
FEFU is the first and only classical university in the Russian Far East. A unique educational centre with a state-of-the-art campus and an innovative, research-driven teaching process. It is a central platform communication between Russian and international experts and improving cooperation with leading research, educational and innovative organisations of the Asia-Pacific Region. It is a global leader of the Asia-Pacific Region in the sphere of scientific and innovative developments.
Today, FEFU offers:
- 118 years of successful academic education and research.
- Russian and foreign lecturers, including professors of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Partner projects and academic exchange programmes with almost 100 universities worldwide.
- Master's Degree Programmes taught in English.
- Double degree programmes with partner universities from the USA, Australia and other countries.
- Scientific and venture funds for supporting promising innovative projects.
- A new state-of-the-art campus, the best in Russia.
- Comfortable dormitory accommodation and safe environment.
- A combination of education, research, sports and creative activities.
- Strategic partnership with potential employees of the university's graduates, including market leaders such as Rosneft, RusHydro, Rosatom, Microsoft, OSK, and Sollers-Far East.
Structurally, FEFU comprises 9 academic schools – Engineering, Law, Biomedicine, Humanities, Natural Sciences, Arts, Culture and Sports, Education, Economics and Management, and Regional and International Studies (Eastern Institute). The university has more than 150 educational programmes and its graduates are capable of implementing large-scale projects in various spheres.
FEFU was established based on the models of research and business universities. The first model provides international exchange of knowledge and experts, while the second provides professional training for the competitive development of Russia's industries.
Far Eastern Federal University consistently improves its positions. At the end of 2016 FEFU moved up from the 601+ band to the 551-600 band in the QS World University Rankings. FEFU Development Program is aimed at the entry of the university to the Top 300 QS Rankings by 2019. FEFU has risen by 487 points in Webometrics Ranking, where it takes the 3215th place now. The university is also ranked in the Top 100 Universities of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa of the QS University Rankings: BRICS and in the Top 100 QS University Rankings: Emerging Europe and Central Asia.
The innovative nature of the educational process, the wide choice of educational programmes, the regular updating and professional development of teaching staff, and the small innovative enterprises established at FEFU will ensure worthy positions in the international ratings. The aim of the FEFU development programme is to break into the top 300 of the QS World University Rankings by 2019.
Welcome to our university!