TSU students have achieved success in a wide range of fields:
- 29 TSU students have been awarded medals of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the top award for academic achievements.
- 562 TSU students were winners of the programme organised by the Foundation for the Promotion of Small Business in Science and Tech.
- In 2013-2015, 16 TSU students were winners of the competition for scholarships from the Vernadsky Nongovernmental Ecological Foundation.
- In 2015, 9 TSU students received governor's scholarships.
- The TSU team won the Science Game held during the second young scientists forum U-NOVUS-2015.
- Stanislav Artemyev, a TSU student, won in the international competition St. Petersburg Spring 2015.
- TSU Students Olga Khasanova and Dmitry Belyaev won multiple times at Russian and international competitions in acrobatic rock n' roll.
- In 2016, TSU student Ilya Potaptsev won a silver medal at the Championship of Russia and a bronze medal of the European Championship in track and field.
- Anna Ber, a postgraduate student at TSU, is three-time champion of Europe in finswimming, and a European and Russian champion.
- Ekaterina Matyushina became Russian and World champion in kettlebell lifting.
|Milekhin Yuri Mikhailovich||Position: CEO. Company: Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Federal Centre for Double Technologies "Soyuz"|
|Pozdnyakov Andrey Aleksandrovich||Position: President. Company: group of companies "Elecard"|
|Muler Petr Borisovich||Position: President Workplace: Argosy Technologies|
|Shtengelov Denis Nikolaevich||Position: President. Company: JSC "KDV Group"|
|Tyutyushev Andrey Petrovich||Position: CEO. Company: CJSC "Siberian Agrarian Group»|
|Chirikov Sergey Vladimirovich||Position: CEO. Company: CJSC "Elesy"|
|Denisov Edison Vasilyevich||A graduate of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, an outstanding Russian composer.|
|Krasin Andrey Kapitonovich||Soviet physicist. Academician of the Academy of Sciences of the Byelorussian SSR (1960). Director of the Institute of Physics and Power (1956-1959), director of the Institute of Energy Byelorussian Academy of Sciences (1965-1977). In 1957 along with the group of scientists of Institute of Physics and Power Engineering he was awarded by Lenin Prize for their participation in the creation of the world's first nuclear power plant in Obninsk.|
|Golotsutskov Anton Sergeevich||Russian gymnast, Honored Master of Sports, two-time bronze medalist of the Olympic Games of 2008|
|Stolyarova Ekaterina Andreevna||Russian athlete, member of the Russian Olympic team in freestyle at the Olympic Games in Vancouver.|
|Kulyabko Alexey Aleksandrovich||Professor, Department of Physiology TSU, Alexey Kulyabko in 1902 for the first time in the world "revived" the baby's heart 20 hours after the death caused by pneumonia. Kulyabko's experiments in restoration of brain function and heart opened up new ways for successful solution of the problem of resuscitation.|