Support of International Students
The international students department provides support to applicants from their first application until the end of their studies. In particular, its employees oversee the admission and studies of international students, help with applying for a student visa to Russia, cooperate with other departments of the university, coordinate extracurricular activities, and provide support to graduates.
Everyday Life of International Students
International students live in three dormitories on the university campus not far from the city centre. They are offered accommodation in triple rooms with furniture and bedding. Rooms are equipped with wired internet access points (on a paid basis). There are rooms for studying and free cloakrooms for belongings on each floor.
Leisure and Sport Events
Every year international students take part in the scientific, cultural, sports and creative events of university and at the municipal and regional level. They join in different kinds of sports, from football and swimming to karting and parachute jumping. All opportunities for creative self-actualisation are on offer at student competitions and festivals, social and cultural projects, and in student government.
Principal events include:
- Autumn Debuts Festival (October);
- International Student Day (November);
- International Sport Festival (December);
- Spartakiad of Lobachevsky University (October-May);
- Student Spring Festival (March);
- Regional Academic Competition in Russian (April);
- Days of National Cultures (October - May);
- City Spartakyad in football and ping pong for international students (April);
- International student open football tournament ISOFT-NN (May-June);
- International session of the regional youth camp Lazurny (July);
- International cultural and language club RKI+FIS (September - June);
- Gocce d`amore dance theatre (September - June).
Employment of International Graduates
Graduates of Lobachevsky University work at leading Russian and international companies (MERA, Intel, Sberbank of Russia, Rosatom), foreign financial organisations, as well as in diplomatic offices of foreign countries.