The Faculty of Chemistry begins its history in 1916, when Lobachevsky University was created.
It includes 8 specialized departments (macromolecular and colloid chemistry, photochemistry and spectroscopy, solid state chemistry, oil chemistry & petrochemical synthesis, etc.), 2 members of Russian Academy of Science, 2 RAS corresponding members, 33 professors, 36 Ph.D. staff & 600 students.
Bachelor, Specialist, Master & Ph.D. programmes cover such rare areas as chemistry of high-purity substances, chemistry of organoelement compounds, macromolecular chemistry, radiochemistry, chemical thermodynamics, chemistry of coordination compounds, chemical technology.
The Faculty graduates are employable into research institutes, petrochemical plants, forensic services, customs, ecology supervising agencies, criminalistics labs, pharmacies, food companies, etc.